Disclaimer: Please note that any information in our website is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. The information provided is not intended nor should it be construed to: 1) substitute for the advice, diagnosis or treatment of a health care professional familiar with your specific conditions and needs or 2) suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. Individuals should always consult with a health care professional for answers to personal health questions.
- Injury Prevention
- The FIFA 11+ program is a comprehensive warm up program for football, though the concept can be carried across into other field sports. It consists of 8 minutes running exercises for warm up, 10 minutes of strength, plyometrics and balance exercises, and 2 minutes off faster running and bounding exercises, for a total of 20 minutes to be undertaken twice a week as warm up. It has 3 levels of exercises to account for varying levels of physical capability.
- The FIFA 11+ program
- Gaelic Football has also developed an injury prevention program which is similar to the FIFA 11+ – GAA 15: Injury Prevention Programme/Warm Up
- Netball Specific Injury Prevention
- Netball Australia’s KNEE Programme
- Rugby Specific Injury Prevention Programme